NaloxoneSaves.org is a website designed to educate pharmacists and the public about the North Carolina State Health Director’s statewide standing order for naloxone.
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Injury and Violence Prevention Branch’s Poisoning and Drug Overdose Prevention Program works in collaboration with many partners statewide to address drug overdose in North Carolina including, the UNC Injury Prevention Research Center. Together, we bring you this website.
On June of 2016, the State Health Director of North Carolina signed a standing order to authorize any pharmacist practicing in the state and licensed by the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy to dispense naloxone to any person who voluntarily requests naloxone and is:
- At risk of experiencing an opiate-related overdose
- A family member or friend of a person at risk of experiencing an opiate-related overdose
- In the position to assist a person at risk of experiencing an opiate-related overdose
The purpose of this website is to:
- Provide education about naloxone use and overdose prevention
- Offer a method for pharmacies to activate their standing order
- Gather information about naloxone use and attempts to reverse overdoses